The 1995 organizational session of the Economic and
Social Council will meet in New York from 7-10 February 1995. The
substantive session is scheduled from 26 June - 28 July 1995 in Geneva.
The General Assembly has asked ECOSOC to address a number of issues
related to the implementation of the ICPD Programme of Action,
- Review the terms of reference and mandate of the Population Commission to more adequately reflect the new and comprehensive approach to population and development embodied in the Programme of Action;
- Consider the composition of the revitalized Population Commission;
- Consider the establishment of a separate executive board for UNFPA;
- Consider recommendations to the Secretary-General concerning secretariat support and coordination arrangements for the UN system;
- Consider recommendations to the Secretary-General regarding the establishment of an appropriate inter-agency coordination, collaboration and harmonization mechanisms for the implementation of the Programme of Action;
- Review the reporting procedures within the UN system regarding population and development issues; and
[Return to start of article]
- Review the Secretariat"s report on international migration and development and determine if a conference should be held on this subject.