21 September 1994
CONFERENCE OF THE PARTIES TO THE CONVENTION ON BIOLOGICAL DIVERSITY
Nassau, 28 November - 9 December 1994
1. Opening of the meeting.
2. Organizational matters:
2.1. Election of officers;
2.2. Adoption of the agenda;
2.3. Organization of work.
3. Adoption of the rules of procedure for the Conference of the Parties.
4. Report of the Intergovernmental Committee on the Convention on Biological Diversity.
5. Report on the credentials of representatives to the first meeting of the Conference of the Parties.
6. Matters stipulated by the Convention for action by the Conference of the Parties at its first meeting:
6.1. Policy, strategy, programme priorities and eligibility criteria regarding access to and utilization of financial resources;
6.2. Institutional structure to operate the financial mechanism under the Convention;
6.3. List of developed country Parties and other Parties which voluntarily assume the obligations of developed country Parties;
6.4. Clearing-house mechanism for technical and scientific cooperation;
6.5. Selection of a competent international organization to carry out the functions of the Secretariat of the Convention;
6.6. Financial rules governing the funding of the Secretariat of the Convention.
7. Subsidiary body on Scientific, Technical and Technological Advice.
8. Preparation of the participation of the Convention on Biological Diversity in the third session of the Commission on Sustainable Development.
9. Medium-term programme of work of the Conference of the Parties.
10. Budget for the Secretariat of the Convention.
11. Venue and date of the second meeting of the Conference of the Parties.
12. Other matters.
13. Adoption of the report.
14. Closure of the meeting.